The new date for the end of the Welcome Back package has been extended until 9am PST on July 5. For UK gamers, that means 5pm tomorrow (Tuesday). Sony could easily have avoided this mess if it hadgiven an exact time thatthe offer would be ending in the first place. If there’s anything the internet likes to do, it’s moan about technicalities.
Above: How long can you hold a smile? Sony’s been holding this one for over a month now
While the free games might be stoppingsoon, PlayStation Home’s Welcome Back package is still going strong until the 28th of July, with an absolutely huge list of free content, totalling some £65 if it were to be bought separately. Here’s the list:
- Anime Style Apartment.
- Anime themed clothing and furniture sets.
- Paris Modern Office furniture set.
- nDreams Big Bash party bundle.
- nDreams Fantasy Fashion and Funkster costumes.
- Aurora OrbRunner Booster bundle.
- A cuddly Stitchkins Bunny Toy from Lockwood.
- A Midway Green ticket (50 plays).
- Cardboard Cartel Furniture from Codeglue.
- Fortune Cookie active item.
- A selection of tops, shirts, skirts, high-top trainers and glasses.
- Go Fish – a new, free-to-play fishing game based in the Shopping Centre.
According to Sony, with the exception of Go Fish, all of the above content is available in Home Square – just “go to the big teddy bear”. What a lovely sentiment.
Above: This is Stitchkins. He wants to welcome you back to PlayStation Home. Could you say no to that face?
So, go forth and claim your free things while you can. And remember, don’t look a gift horse in the mouth, especially when it’s no longer a gift and just a horse. If you follow.
04 July, 2011